I'm hopefully back from neglecting the blog for a good part of the Summer. I've had an awful case of allergies and also a crisis of confidence after entering my living room in Apartment Therapy's Room For Color Contest. The allergies are simmering down now and over-all the confidence crisis is as well. I'm mostly thrilled to have pictures of my space posted on AT but it has also made me realize I have a lot I can do better. It has been a Major learning curve and an enlightening experience.
A few things that I've realized are:
1. I need a new camera. A real one.
2. Every single design photo you see online has been obsessively styled and staged (even things that look effortlessly tossed together). I knew this but didn't realize to what degree. So don't feel bad about your own place. Ever. Nobodies house looks perfect and fabulous all the time. Nobodies.
3. Looking at my own space on Apartment Therapy gave me a sense of pride (I'm doing well for my first try) but also a sense that More is always More and I need to add so much more to be happy with it. Bookshelves are going up as we speak.
4. I would just LOVE to own a home, so I can do as I wish with it, like wallpapering an entire wall with over the top, tropical floral wall paper. Or paint all my walls in Super White or Whatever I Want to do. My rental restrictions, beige walls and plastic vertical blinds that I can't take down are driving me mental. Fingers crossed we can do something about that sometime soon.
5. I'm a Mom to an 11 month old baby, so I'm doing good if the laundry is done. So whatever if I don't ace it this time. I'm busy right?
That is all.
I am (and everyone else in my category is) currently being trounced by some Over Achiever with a Perfect Laundry Room. Which I might add is wallpapered in colorful floral wallpaper. It really is gorgeous. I wish I could do it all over again, there is so much I would do to boost my entry. It's not about the prize, it's more about the trying to get better at what I do. So. Ya.
There is still some time to vote (For me. Ahem.) so if you haven't already I'm going to shamelessly ask you to...now. Here. Thanks.
P.S. I'm now obsessed with that weird vintage gator print over the bed in the picture above. It is so awesome. If you know where to find one, please tell me.